About Me

My photo
The Name's Dan, but to most of you it's Dex, and to a select few online you'll know me as Nilead. Soon to be 19, and currently just being my usual geeky, socially-awkward self. But hey, that's a story for another time. (: Also, currently has my head continuously in a cloud, regardless the bad thigns that happen.

Sunday 28 February 2010

So it's been almost like, two weeks since the last post. I guess I should update this more often, but I get halfway through and either a)Forget what to write b)decide I don't like what I've written or c)can't be arsed. But this time I've vowed to actually finish this blog, regardless of how much I complete.

So today has been rather interesting, in retrospect to my usual Sunday's. Work went as it did, the usual at Robert Dyas. Except something happened
Though I should probably go back a few months, before I start this short story.

A few months ago, this old lady came into our shop, and asked about toilet cistern cleaner-thingy's. I remember it because the words she said to me were along the lines of 'I'm half-blind, I have a bad heart, but I do have my sense of humour still". She also said she was writing an autobiography of her life. For some reason, this old lady spurned me into writing again - a motivation I hadn't felt since the last year of secondary school.

This was what was possibly the first of two encounters with this person. And no doubt the last.

Today, she came back in, and I instantly knew it was her. and she said the same line about her having a sense of humour. I asked her about her book, and she said she had finally sent it off to the Publishers, which I am delighted to hear about. So if you're the sort of person who likes to read autobiographies, then I suggest you pick this up. Maybe not for the celebrity twists, but because this will actually show you how a normal person coped with growing up, and how she is still trying to look on the positive side of things. I didn't actually get her name, but if I ever pick up the book, I shall definitely put up the title and author, for all you lovely readers (:

Anyways, enough about my recommendations. Time for other stuff.

Well, actually. I'm not finished for recommendations yet.

Alien Versus Predator came out lately, so I decided to pick it up after getting payed. and I must admit. Wow. I mean, I'd heard mixed reviews, but I thought it was actually quite a good game - The marines story is pretty good, atmosphere wise - dark, quiet at times, and you can hear the aliens and predator which gave me the creeps sometimes. The Aliens campaign is what I like to call fun - you go round each level, killing people and latching onto ceilings. It takes a while to get used to, but I definetely prefer using the aliens. As for the predator levels, I haven't played them as yet, so I can't say as much for them. Suffice to say, this game is actually not too bad. I want to play the co-op survival mode with someone, as soon as I can find someone willing to. xD

Anyways, I'm feeling sleepy, so I'm off to bed early today.

Dex, signing out!


"So Charlie and Me had another cuppa tea and then we went 'ome!" - Right Said Fred (Bernard Cribbons - yeah, I listen to this, it's an awesome song! Can't beat true music >.>)

No comments:

Post a Comment